Witness

Witness

Monday, January 2, 2012

Rome

When she  walks towards me...I am as a ghost...
quick to fade.
Others see her for her obvious beauty ....her smile, her eyes...
I do too....and yet...
I have seen another side of my beautiful " city."....
her laugh, her cries, her heart that still loves despite the torment that fate has bequeathed upon her.
I see her frame that still stands tall...
despite those that would have her fall.

I want to tend her gardens...I want to carress her and keep her safe from the darkness.
Does she know this of me?  Have I kept this secret for too long?
Should I leave these shores my Love and come to you?
Will you call for me?      How shall I recognize your voice?
Will I hear you through the distance?
Am I just a hopeless romantic to experience his own shipwreck?
I know of the gulf between these two oceans ~
and I am forever drawn to chase away the distance..
So be it....
I have seen these shores far too long...
So be it.

Gregory

1 comment: