Witness

Witness

Monday, May 31, 2010

Another Dream (For Friley, Bobby, Will and Roland)

The scent of a frothy ocean breeze, 
reminds me of a time not long past...
I close my eyes and witness this dream,
a welcome respite that I hope will last...
banana leaves and hibiscus flowers brighten the once dim horizon,
Like a host of smiling faces, they greet me... 
welcoming a long lost friend.


From the old bridge , I see a Pelican meandering slowly ...as if she had time to spare -
passing through the creek , her feathers wet , seemingly unaware.
A crane stands patiently on the flats... waiting for that careless dragonfly,
The silence remains....lifting to the heavens a Morning Dove's cry.
Ah, but this dream seems so real...much too precious for time to steal.
So, I return again to your splendor, my precious isle of light...
a place where time fails to cast its shadow....
and where I go to heal "


Gregory Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment