Witness

Witness

Monday, May 31, 2010

Nuances of Love

 
Love is such a subtle thing.


We write songs, poems and stories about it; we construct religions around it...we even call it God.

Personally, I have always believed that if I could understand it ...just glimpse its luster for one second... then I would get what "it" is all about.

But we all have our own idea of love...sometimes it is simply a construct of our environment, our familial-cultural upbringing and other pivotal influences...sometimes stained and fractured from personal relationships gone sour and the inevitable pain and hurt that lingers...

As subjective and irrational as love may seem at times; Let me say that Love in all of her nuances...all of her sensible, and senseless expressions...in all of her grandness and tender mercies, however fleeting they may be...She is my life's desire.

She is the Queen of my Heart.

It is by her Light that I see this world most clearly ; its flaws and majestic attributes, its purposeful conveniences and more importantly , the moments of consolation - and sensing the incredible beauty that is the world around us....and within us

No comments:

Post a Comment