Witness

Witness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dance of the Crows

"Dance of the Crows" (a suburban narrative)




The frolicking crows in the yard mimic a carribean dance,

one I've surely seen before; jumping and spiraling with twisted gait...

like the red oak that gives way to the gusts.



The black dancers steal my attention for a moment-

they seem oblivious to the storm approaching from just over the mountain...



Where do they go when the lightening shatters the air ?



From where do they come to perform this lively dance for me ?



Is it for me, or just the workings of benign instinct?



The dusty scent of approachin' rain,

threaten notions of solace...if the thunder claps break.



I quickly scurry inside and looking back at the little black dancers....

they are gone.



Out the window , a dim reflection...looking at me... wondering if they'll be back after the storm passes.



"Fix a hot cup of Black English ...and wait"...... i tell myself.



Counting the thunder claps and rolls...



I wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment