Witness

Witness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Morning in the Fog

Like trumpets sounding ~ the geese echoe through the dense fog...
I anticipate the arrival of a barge cutting through the sheets of gray and blue.
She is out early this morning, recruiting me in her tenuous and persuasive fashion,for a slow, and yet exhausting jog.
I'll decline today, as I attend to the many do-nothings that bog down my schedule from time to time.
It's quiet now...like the first 4 inches of a snowfall.
The trees mimic the cobblestones in their drab ensemble - cold to the touch...
but warmed by the memories of the seasons that have passed, the voices they have heard...and by the Spring winds fast approaching.
Grasping at each glance ~as though it could be my last...wonderin' aloud to the possibilties that might lie ahead,I'll attend to my duties....All the while putting this array of thoughts to rest...for now.


Greg Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment