Witness

Witness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some Thoughts #76

The trees bend and give way to the April winds, but only for a short while -soon the cold will be gone.
This window offers me a place I can divide...that is, divide evenly my wishes and my will.
The door has stood idle for nine years now.
Between two worlds, a buffer of sorts, a windowpane guise, separating the everyday from the dream.
Feeling obliged, I begin to brush the cobwebs from the foyer, to open the door ....
I ask myself; "is the answer always hiding behind a veil of eternal half-truths and probabilties?" 
Should I leave now?
Whatever may come...I sense a need for change.
Perhaps I must leave this mountain, her hills and meadows...her creeks and pastures.
Peering through the window, I know I won't leave if I see these same reminders of why I came....
the momentum carrying me to my next destination,regardless of my doubt and second guesses.
I look at the door...and look back at the safety and certainty of the window -
wondering if I should leave it open...
or just close it for now.


Gregory Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment