Witness

Witness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some Thoughts #45

Sometimes when we begin a new Walk...it's all so new and unfamiliar - we ignore the simple and beautiful things that surround us. We respond to the outside world with a cold indifference...a buffer for our senses... still reeling from all things anew - trying so hard to meet the demands of the Heart....all splattered against a backdrop of challenges that abound all around us....and within us.It's the challenges within that I face ....and to which I now find myself drawn. My thoughts and emotions have become a paraphrase...what I hold dear seems not to resonate with others as heart-felt emotions of joy...but emotes a childish superstition to even those I hold most dear to my heart. How far will this shadow follow me? From whence has it come? How can Love disintegrate the bonds of love? How many more will I lose at your behest?I turned my head and the Storm approached unbeknownst to me...setting its course upon my countenance...knowing full well His Light is my very breath; my Hope of all hope.Soon the battle will begin and I must choose my strategy and weapons...denial or certitude? Withdrawal or advance?Chance one for the other and the Storm stills heads it's own course...with it's proper path, it will carry its load unto me regardless.But what of courage? What of certitude? What of Faith?These will be my weapons of choice...as they will be my boat -sail - and shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment