Witness

Witness

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thoughts #356 ; a note for Christine


A concern seems like an obsession to those with a shallow heart;

a loss sometimes becomes a longing...to a broken heart.

....like a child on a farris wheel, catching glimpses of the beautiful horizon...

and then, glimpses of the mud-soaked streets; wondering which will be his familiar?

Streets that bear the weight of each carriage and coach...

leaving traces and tracks, the lighter the less...the heavier the more...

a metaphor...

then, now and before.



I often ask myself why your illness and well being were so important to me...why is it still now?

A childish fancy perhaps...believing that my prayers and thoughts would help you through the challenges that were before you;

Truly, what was that to me? We are strangers to one another...why did I care?

These questions confound me still...and probably always will,

It seems like a century ago, praying for your heart to heal ...

and yet my hope for you still lingers; that fate will fold its sometimes cruel hands and give to you the peace

that we all want for ourselves, our own - and for each other.



A poet's skill and charm, I have not...only this desire -

that you will look out your window...

and see a million reasons to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment